What is SEO positioning? On many occasions, we have heard or perhaps read at some point what SEO is. We have the idea of believing that it’s what can organically increase the views on your website.
Anyone who wants to place their store or business on the web must have a good SEO by law, but why is SEO so crucial on websites? Why does it work so well?
First of all, it’s essential to have it on the web today because many people can find you through this means, either through a social media platform, some advertising, or your website. And, it’s very normal to talk about these terms with people. If you are still not sure about what it’s, we will explain it below:
Where does SEO come from?
We have talked about SEO, but where does this term come from? Over the years, everything has evolved, including search engines.
As the years have passed, the algorithms on which they work have been modified. Thanks to that, now, being in the first place in the search results has been made a battle.
The term SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and was used for the first time in 1997 when people started optimizing keywords on websites.
The following year, Google was born, and together with Larry Page and Sergey Brin, along with this birth, Page Rank was also created.
What is page rank?
Page Rank is the ranking used to measure a website’s “authority” or “influence”. This means the value that a site has concerning another. This ranking was public for a long time through many tools. In 2016, Google hid it, and now only they can see it. Amazing! Isn’t it?
Ever since then, Google, and other search engines, have now organized websites based on a ranking of results. On the other hand, in 1998, Jeffrey Brewer created the prototype of advertising based on PPC. This we know as Pay Per Click, which is a massive advance for digital marketing.
What is SEO positioning?
Previously, we mentioned what SEO stands for, which is search engine optimization.
Said optimization is a set of methods applied to a website to increase the position and visibility in the results pages of the main browsers.
The definition is simple. The concern is when to do this optimization in a good way.
In summary, we can define SEO as the process focused on placing a particular website within the first positions of the search results that come after a query from any user.
Types of SEO
Within SEO positioning, there are two types of SEO: on-page and off-page. It’s defined as the set of actions focused on improving the position of your website in Google that can be carried out both inside and outside your website. For this reason, we have to distinguish one from the other. Next, we will explain what each of them consists of.
On-page SEO refers to the techniques applied to the website we want to position.
For example, some factors when optimizing the on-page SEO of a website are:
- Improving the speed and optimization of your website.
- Image optimization.
- Creation of quality content.
- Good web user experience.
- Good structure of HTML tags (H1, H2, H3…).
SEO off-page, SEO positioning.
Meanwhile, off-page SEO is the other set of methods that we carry out outside of our website. However, it also helps improve your page’s position in search engines.
For example, some of these techniques are:
- Use of social media.
- Link Building Strategies.
Link Building is an SEO strategy based on getting external links to our website, blog, and online store. All this to increase search engine positioning.
Why should we do SEO?
We already agreed that SEO is very important when having our page, blog, or online store. There are many reasons why to do this positioning, but we will list the most important ones below:
- Visibility: Visibility is the main reason why we do SEO, and it’s very simple! By increasing the visibility of your website, you will be exposing your brand or product to the public. Magnificent! Don’t you think
- Web traffic: When you increase the visibility within your website, you increase the number of people who enter your website daily, which explains the greater chances of attracting new customers.
- Beat your competition: You will be one step ahead of your competition if you do SEO. Your potential client is more likely to find you before your competition.
- You increase your sales: We know that your main objective is to increase your sales. So, once you expose your website, more people will see what you are doing, what you offer, and the number of qualified leads that may be interested in your business. This, in turn, translates into a significant increase in your sales and brand recognition.
What do leads mean? SEO positioning.
It refers to those contacts who have left us their data through one of our landing pages in exchange for the content of interest to them. On the other hand, a landing page is a page where targeted traffic is sent with a specific objective.
Techniques for doing SEO
Here are some techniques for you to do good SEO.
- The user experience: This is one of the most critical factors, and you can achieve it over time. If your visitors have a good experience on your website, they spend time on it, convert and repeat. Your users like the content they see and interact with it. Remember that Google takes all of this into account.
- Web optimization. Having an optimized website is key to improving speed and loading times. Also, it directly influences the point we saw earlier, the user experience.
- Authority of the page. It mainly refers to the popularity of your page. If your website and content create additional value, users share it and link to you naturally. Google knows what interests them and takes it into account when positioning it.
How to improve your search engine rankings
Here are some methods that are necessary to give your page a boost and improve its search engine rankings:
Create quality content, SEO positioning.
Content has always been known to be King, and it’s. Creating content is not an easy job, much less quality work. That’s why it is essential whether you want to improve your on-page SEO or your off-page SEO.
Having original and exciting content allows you to have many visits and to be read. This, in turn, makes users spend time on your website and interact with it. Besides, it will also help you share this content on social media.
Choose a good hosting, SEO positioning.
To achieve a good optimization for the loading times of a website, an excellent hosting platform is essential for this. We recommend that if you have a corporate website, a blog with many visits, or an e-commerce, a plan of Professional Hosting may be the best choice for you.
If you do not know much about the subject: We invite you to read our blog about choosing good hosting.
Images are an essential part of your website. They are the element that gets the most attention during your visits. Besides, they help to digest the content better and are an excellent way to add value to your website. However, you need to know how to optimize them.
Alt and title tags are necessary for Google to interpret them, so never forget to place them on your website.
Make good use of keywords, SEO positioning.
People use keywords to search for information. It’s key to create remarkable content for those terms. Recognize and add the tags (H1, H2…) of your website correctly. Remember that you have to add them in a completely natural way.
An abusive or inconsistent use, Google can detect it and penalize your website.
So, as you can see, the optimization of your website can be really easy and can get you the best results. It will allow you to gain exposure and increase your sales. In today’s competitive world, where there are thousands of websites for every area, being in the first place in results should be one of your main priorities.
However, if you don’t know much about this, we invite you to hire our team of specialists. Here at BluCactus, we have a team of experts in SEO that will gladly help you position your website. Don’t hesitate to contact us! We are here for you! Your success is our success.
Remember that you can leave them in the comments below if you have any questions. We also invite you to follow us on our social media, and if you want to keep up with the world of digital marketing, you must subscribe to our newsletter.