A step-by-step guide on how to watermark a PowerPoint
A step-by-step guide on how to watermark a PowerPoint. Watermarks are images or texts superimposed on any image or background. Their goal is to help us identify our work and avoid plagiarism or the commercialization of illegal content. If we want to protect our artistic pieces or scientific material, a watermark is our best ally.
How do we put a watermark in PowerPoint? This is one of the easiest to use and most complete tools in the entire Microsoft suite. That’s why we want to teach you how easily to watermark your content and digital materials.
Throughout the presentation
If you need the watermark to be present on all your presentation slides.
It’s best to use a pattern.
This is a tool that will make the process of creating the presentation easier.
After all, we won’t have to place each watermark, one by one.
These are the steps you must follow to achieve it:
- When you have your device open, look in the view tabs for the button that says Slide Master, then click Master Views.
- Once there, you can see how your left panel changes completely. Check that the first slide of your presentation is selected to be able to work on it. Otherwise, the changes won’t be seen in the other sheets of your presentation.
- Select the image you want to use as your watermark by clicking the Insert button. With your image on the first slide, adjust the size and place the image where you want it to be.
- With the image modified, you’re going to look for the button in the control panel that says Image Format. There, you will see many options on what changes to make. Select the one for transparency so that you can choose the best percentage to create a good watermark. Remember that it must be dark enough to be understood but also transparent enough so that it doesn’t interfere with the texts, images, or materials on it.
- Once you edit your image, you can click on the button that says “send to the background”. And that’s it! This will make everything you write, compose, insert or place above your watermark.
- To finish, you just have to see the button that says “Close View” on the control panel. This way, you will be able to work more easily throughout your presentation.
On some slides
If what you want is to place this watermark on some slides in your PowerPoint presentation, you can do it! For this, just follow these steps.
- Within the file of your presentation, you must press the Ctrl key and select all the slides you want to put an image as a watermark.
- Then go to the Designs tab, inside the customized group, and click on the Format button in the background.
- Look in your control panel to find a button with several options, including Fill with image or texture, press insert. Once you click it, you will only have to choose the image source you prefer. After this, the image will be visible only on those sheets or slides that you selected at the beginning.
- Finally, adjust the position of the image, change the transparency and displacement percentages you want. One trick is that if at any time you want to place this watermark on all the sheets, you just have to click the Apply to all button at the bottom of the panel.
How to use a text or a Word Art object as a watermark?
We have already talked about how to put an image as a watermark on our PowerPoint presentation. But what happens if we want to use a text or a Word Art object as an alternative to the conventional watermark? In the following list, I will give you some wonderful ideas on how to do it in a simple way to protect all your materials and digital pieces.
Throughout the presentation
If you want to use a Word Art object, shape, or text for your watermark in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- Go to the tab that says View in the Master Views group, once there click on Slide Master and move directly to the first slide of your presentation.
- Then, in the Text group of the Insert tab, add any of the elements that you are going to use as a watermark. If it’s a text box or a text to which you will later modify the font size or color, you can also use this as a watermark. An important reminder is that this text, both in color and size, must be adequate so that it allows you to read things or texts on top of it without major problems. Ideally, you should test and play with both the smells and the sizes of your text or object.
- Then, if you want to change the position of your watermark, you can use the pointer on your computer to place it at the point you want on your sheet as well as expand it to the size you want.
- With your watermark modified, go to the “Organize” group within the Form Format tab and send it to the bottom of the sheet. Once you’re ready with that step, go back to the Slide Master and click Close Master View. In this way, no one else will be able to erase the text to be placed with the watermark.
On some slides
If you only want to place this text as a watermark on some slides, here’s how to do it in just a few simple steps:
- Select and locate all the slides on which you want to place this watermark.
- Perform the same steps 2 and 3 mentioned in the previous section.
- Once you have the text box selected, you will only have to copy it by pressing Ctrl + C. Then, you can paste it into all the other sheets as the background for your watermark.
- It’s important that as a final step you don’t forget to send all the textboxes or images to the bottom of the slide. Otherwise, you won’t be able to read anything you write on it. Repeat the step on every slide.
BluCactus, your ally in Digital marketing
BluCactus international marketing agency serves clients all over the world. Our speciality? The creation of web designs and SEO positioning in online searches. Our group of experts focuses on helping businesses and brands succeed in one of the most competitive sectors in the market, the digital world.
BluCactus will accompany you in every step that your brand takes. This goes from the creation of the branding of your business to the creation of content. Our focus is on supporting you with the creation of your website or the administration of your social media accounts.
This online marketing agency, based in the United Kingdom, seeks to strengthen your image as a brand and take it to the next level. Don’t wait any longer to get the help of the best specialists in digital marketing. Contact us now through our social media or website!
If you want to keep up with the world of digital marketing, you can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!